The Library has a rich collection of books on Engineering and Technology including Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. Besides, library also has a good collection of books in the areas of Humanities and Sciences. The library is fully Air-Conditioned.
Library Working hours
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Week days)
Rules and regulations
- Students are not allowed to carry personal books / Notebooks inside the library premises.
- Books will be issued to students against library cards; each student will be allowed to borrow two books at a time.
- Students are advised to return / renew the book on or before the Due date, absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Loss of the library cards should be reported immediately to the librarian.
- Reference books, Periodicals and Board Exam Question papers will not be issued, but students can take Xerox copy.
- Final year students are advised to return the library cards on or before the valid date (i.e.31st March of every year) and get No-Due Certificate from library.
- Writing or scribbling on pages and tearing of pages in library books / Periodicals are prohibited.
- Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to severe disciplinary action.
Project reports :1752
Periodical Section maintains a large collection of Journals and Magazines; it's including print and digital versions. Aim of this section is to provide inspiration, recreation and current information to the readers. Clipping files are prepared from newspapers on announcement relating to AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), (University Grants Commission), Anna University, DOTE (Directorate of Technical Education) and Examination results. These are very useful to the readers for providing them information without hassle while saving their time.
The library has a good reference collection consisting of various Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Year books, Atlases, Biographies of the national and international coverage and other reference books. Sufficient reading tables and chairs are provided to the members.
Project report section
Project reports Section maintains 1752 titles in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Back volume section
For research purposes, several periodicals are being indexed and some important periodicals have got bounded annually. The Library has 1894 back volumes of various subjects.
Keeping pace with the advancements in technology and the need for automated library management system a digital library has been established. The digital library consists of computer terminals with online access facilities; through this system e-journals that are published around the globe can be browsed. The digital library is well stocked with various CDs that have audio visual presentation on technical concepts.
Digital Library of Panimalar Polytechnic College has a good collection of E-Books, E-Journals and other digitized materials for the members. Internet browsing and E-services are provided by the library for its users.