Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The Department of ECE has been established to render services to meet the growing global challenges of engineering industries by educating the students to become exemplary professional Electronics and Communication engineers of high ethics.
The laboratories are well equipped with modern training facilities that cater to the requirements of the DOTE syllabus as well as the requirements of the industry. The Department has well experienced faculty and staff of proven ability and diverse specialization. The department also conducts industrial visits depending upon the DOTE syllabus to improve the practical skills to the students and expose them to acquire with the actual industrial environment as well as to derive the motivation to an aspiring career.
The Department emerges as a centre of excellence in developing the total personality of the students and making them technologically superior and ethically strong who in turn become the assets of the society. The objective of the department is to make breakthroughs in Technology that enable people to communicate more easily, manage their environment more effectively and lead more comfortable lives than ever before.
The ECE department has established state of the art laboratories in the areas of:
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory
- Electric Circuits and Instrumentation Lab
- Programming in “C” Laboratory (Air Conditioned)
- Computer Application Laboratory (Air Conditioned)
- Industrial Electronics & Communication Engineering Laboratory
- Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Life and Employability Skill Laboratory (Air Conditioned)
- Advanced Communication System Laboratory (Air Conditioned)
- Microcontroller Laboratory (Air Conditioned)
- Very Large Scale Integration Laboratory
- Embedded System Laboratory
- Computer Hardware Servicing and Networking Laboratory
- PCB Design Laboratory
To provide insight and knowledge of the industrial environment students are escorted on industrial visits to firms such as:
- Meteorological Department.
- Port Of Chennai
Value Added Programs
The following programs are conducted to enrich the technical knowledge of the students apart from their regular course of study :
- Aptitude test
- Personal Development Programs
- Group Discussion, Seminars..